Forum Discussion

Rkoornneef
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

How to add certificate in TestComplete in a SOAPui import

Hi there,

I have recently added my SOAPui projects in TestComplete (so I can run the automated test via Jenkins). My test cases from SOAPui were easily imported within TestComplete except for the certification. Within SOAPui you can easily set a keystore and incoming/outgoing WS security configuration. 

These certificates, unfortunately, are not used after import within TestComplete and I seem to be unable to add them somewhere.

Does anyone have an idea how to run my SOAPui tests WITH sll authentication via TestComplete?

Kind regards,
Ronald

Rkoornneef
    6 years ago

I have found out that while within SOAPui it is enough to simply assign the keystore, when running the tests via TestComplete the incoming WS configuration in SOAPui has to be configured as well.

At least this fixed the issue for me.

Thanks for the tips!

5 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi Ronald,

> set a keystore

If I remember it correctly, keystore in Java is just a file. So you should check in SoapUI what file contains required certificates and make this file to be accessible for SoapUI after the project is deployed by Jenkins to the test box.

Rkoornneef
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks Alex,

I was thinking there should be an easier way...

SOAPui allows simple adding of certificates in keystores set in project settings menu. When I run my tests directly from here everything goes as expected. I have integrated my SOAPui projects within testComplete and I can easily run all test that go over http (no certificate). All other test that go over https where a certificate is needed fail due to missing client certificate.

I need a way to import the correct certificate(s) INSIDE the testcomplete project. 

I assume I need to add the certificate in the store and than with a script tell TC where the certificate is located... It is strange however since within SOAPui the certificates are inside my projects but apparently within TC they are not used.

Possible things that cross my mind:
      1. file type of cert that TC can use (SOAPui accept .pfx files, so that's what I'm using).
      2. location of cert. (does the certificate require to be located in a specific folder where TC can look for it)
      3. adding of script and/or file within TC prior to any test so some kind of property is set first.

Any info will be appreciated.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

TestComplete is simply the vehicle to use to execute the SOAPUI tests... that's how the integration works, as far as I know.  Anything that is related to the tests themselves (such as creating the certification) probably needs to be updated in the SOAPUI test directly.