Forum Discussion

ory_z
Contributor
14 years ago

How to add a new project suite to ClearCase

Hi there,

I've looked everywhere, but I can't find anywhere specifying exactly how to add a new project suite to ClearCase. I have added projects in TC in the past to VSS and I remember it to be straight forward enough, however ClearCase seems a bit more complicated:

Following the simple instructions in Adding Files to Source Code Control I end up getting the attached message ("Project must be in a view") after the Select SCC Provider screen.

Please provide detailed instructions in regards to how to add the project to CC, especially:

- Do I need to set a view?

- how is the view to be configured?

- Where should I put the project suite files before adding them (if anywhere specific is required)

- Do I need to add the files to the view before attaching it in TC to CC (I'm guessing the answer is no, according to Working With Source Control Systems)

- Anything special I need to do with the intended VOB

- etc.

Thanks for the help,

Ory

1 Reply

• Hi Ory,

This complexity is caused by the ClearCase architecture. First of all, using ClearCase Administrative Tools, you need to create VOB (versioned object database) if you do not have one, create a new view linked to this VOB and import your project suite to this view using the ClearCase Import Wizard.

After this, run ClearCase Explorer and select the View | Refresh View Shortcut menu item. After the newly created view has appeared, select the Tools | Update View menu item to see the content of the view. Open your TestComplete project suite from this view and you should be able to add the suite to Rational ClearCase without problems.