Forum Discussion

jenli
Contributor
15 years ago

How does TestComplete support testing drawing 2-D plots in WPF application?

We would like to automate some testing for plot drawing from the biological data. During my script recording, I can do the drawing plot and saw the generated plots from the biological data. But I could not play-back my plot drawing. After having taken look at the recorded scripts, I found my drawing actions were not recorded at all in the recorded scripts. The drawing surface is Canvas control.

3 Replies

• Hi Jennifer,

Try using low-level procedures to do this (see the "Low-Level Procedures" help topic).

• Thank you for your quick response.

I did create a low-level procedure from the context menu of the Project Explorer for my existing project.

After low-level procedure recording, I can play-back the 2-D plot drawing for WPF application.

But I could not do normal play-back in the same project after I did some normal recording for plot drawing set up actions. TestComplete complained the objects in my new recorded procedure can not be recognized.

If I did recording for the same plot drawing set up actions in another project that does not have any  low-level procedure items, I can do play-back successfully.

Does that mean that TestComplete requires a specific project just for holding low-level procedures?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

• Hi Jennifer,

Exactly how did you record your low-level procedure? TC doesn't require holding them in an individual project, you can record and call them from scripts in any project. Most probably, the problem is in your script.