Forum Discussion

sguda
Regular Contributor
14 years ago

How do i use cmpContains propery check in the script.

I want to check the caption of the report window opened contains "DisplaySSRSReport" by using cmp Contains property.

I am getting error in the statemnet
Set MyCellContent = MyCell.WndCaption saying needs object string("DisplaySSRSReport")

sub
SSRSReportTime

Set StopWatchObj =

HISUtils.StopWatch

dim MyCell 

dim MyCellContent

StopWatchObj.Start

Set MyCell =

Aliases.AcroRd32.wndAcrobatSDIWindow

Set MyCellContent = MyCell.WndCaption

if MyCellContent cmpContains "DisplaySSRSReport" then 

StopWatchObj.Stop 

Log.Message(" SSRS Report appears for Galen School Of Nursing. Execution time: " &        StopWatchObj.ToString & ". Baseline Date: 06-29-2010, Baseline Execution time: 00:00:8.406")

Else

Log.Message("SSRS Report not Loaded.")

end if

end

sub

Can anybody suggest how do i use it.

1 Reply

• Hi Sri,

I am getting error in the statemnet Set MyCellContent = MyCell.WndCaption saying needs object string("DisplaySSRSReport")

This is expected - you assign a value to the MyCellContent variable incorrectly. In VBScript, the 'Set' statement is used to assign an object reference to a variable. You mustn't use this statement in your case, as 'MyCell.WndCaption' returns a string. See VBScript's reference for more information.

Can anybody suggest how do i use it.

I recommend that you use the 'Create Property Checkpoint' wizard to check the WndCaption property value of the needed object. See the 'Create Property Checkpoint Wizard' help topic for more information. After you follow the wizard's steps, TC will generate the appropriate code. It will look as follows:

According to your script, I guess <obj> will be the 'Aliases.AcroRd32.wndAcrobatSDIWindow' object. Use the generated code in your SSRSReportTime routine so that it looks as follows:

Sub SSRSReportTime

Set StopWatchObj = HISUtils.StopWatch

dim MyCell 

StopWatchObj.Start 

Set MyCell = Aliases.AcroRd32.wndAcrobatSDIWindow

If (aqObject.CompareProperty(MyCell.WndCaption, cmpContains, "DisplaySSRSReport", False)) Then 

StopWatchObj.Stop

Log.Message(" SSRS Report appears for Galen School Of Nursing. Execution time: " &        StopWatchObj.ToString & ". Baseline Date: 06-29-2010, Baseline Execution time: 00:00:8.406") 

Else

Log.Message("SSRS Report not Loaded.")

End If

End Sub