Forum Discussion

lbbodis
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

How do I write to the bottom line of the indicator?

In the case of a run test, I see the indicator in the upper right corner.

It has two lines. I can modify the contents of the top line arbitrarily with the Indicator.PushText statement.

Currently, I constantly see the name of the project in the bottom line.

How can I query the name of the currently running keyword or scrip test at runtime?

If I know, I can write in the top line, though

How can I put this name on the bottom line?

• What I did back before we had the CurrentTestCase name available was build my own stack.  At the top of every test, have a variable that contains the name of the test and push that to the indicator.  Pop it off at the end of the test so that when you have tests calling other tests or functions, the name will be accurate as the flow changes.

4 Replies

lbbodis
      Occasional Contributor
      Hi,

thanks for your quick reply.
      My main problem is:

"If no test case is running (this can happen if your tests are not marked as test cases in the Execution Plan editor,
      or you run individual script routines or keyword tests from the TestComplete IDE),
      the aqTestCase.CurrentTestCase property will return an empty value."

During test development time, it would be very important for me to see the name of the currently running test as long as the test is running,
      for example in the indicator field.
      The ideal solution would be to see the call stack.
      (If I know the name of the test that is currently running, I can already program a call stack-like information in a script)
      To the best of my knowledge, I can only see this in the log after the test is complete, and only if an error has occurred.

best regards
      Laci
        Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

What I did back before we had the CurrentTestCase name available was build my own stack.  At the top of every test, have a variable that contains the name of the test and push that to the indicator.  Pop it off at the end of the test so that when you have tests calling other tests or functions, the name will be accurate as the flow changes.