Forum Discussion

abinash11
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Host Verification Failed: Invalid address

I have been trying to use the Distributed testing option in Test Complete. Just with most other features with this tool, it has been made as difficult as possible to do basic tasks with so many setti...
    abinash11
    7 years ago

As I said, in the real world. getting IT department to create separate policies for QA and other users does not happen or it happens rarely, especially in the age of ultra security. Never happened in more than 5 companies that I have seen.

Besides, there are so many tools in the market which doesn't ask you to disable group policies etc. to run tests. Yes, there will usually be 2 or 3 things to set, but the requirements mentioned by TestComplete takes 3-4 hours for 1 test machine. Why can't they enable the Windows firewall rules during Installation ?

Anyhow, I have moved the machine out of the domain to make it work for now. But some of the commentators here seem to be full of closed minds when it comes to new questions and doesnt seem to realize that TestComplete makes many easy things (that are guaranteed in other tools) difficult to implement and make one spend time on doing the workaround rather than creating automated tests.