Forum Discussion

ShaneWish
New Contributor
3 years ago

Help with Data Loop for Keyword testing using Excel as .csv file type

I'm fairly new to TestComplete so please excuse my lack of knowledge in this area.

I have a Keyword test that I have created that I now what to setup to loop through an Excel document (saved as a .csv file). The Excel document has the first row with the label for each column. I'm wanting it to read row 1 and run the test then come back and continue to row 2, etc. I'm unable to get it to even locate the file.

I have gone through all training documents SmartBear provides but the screens have changed and do not match the screens of the version I have (TC Version 14). I really could use some assistance understanding what each screen of the data loop wizard is looking for.

6 Replies

ShaneWish
      New Contributor
      I need help with all of the process. From the first page of the Data Loop
      wizard to the end of setting it up. It's requesting a Variable but does not
      like what I put into it. I then get to the File Name screen and it does not
      locate the file. I'm not sure how this is even supposed to work but nothing
      seems to be working for me.

--
      *Donna Burns*
      QA Analyst

*Xenial*

donna.burns@‌xenial.‌com

--
      NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the addressee(s) named
      above and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any
      unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this message or any
      attachments is expressly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
      please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies and backups
      of the original message.
        Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

Screenshots are a big help.  Show us what you are putting in for the variable that TC doesn't like.

• Hi ShaneWish - 

I dont believe the screens for datadriven loops have changed in those versions. Could you provide an image of where you are getting stuck?

I can try to assist. 

Thanks,

Emma