Forum Discussion

bdrummond
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Help With Finding Objects/Controls Within a single (Dynamic) Page embedded Browser.

Hi All,   I have difficulties trying to find controls/objects within a single (dynamic) page embedded browser - within a a desktop application. So far, the furthest i can manage is to achieve is to...
    bdrummond
    7 years ago

Hi tristaanogre,

Thanks a lot for your input. I have spoken to the developer & Project Manager regarding your idea of prototyping.

I may get this later on (probably, next month) as things getting busy in here.

I will update this article once I have them. In the meanwhile the TCs support still helping me with an alternative.

thanks alot.

BD

bdrummond
    7 years ago

Hi all again,

After a few weeks of exchanging emails to/from Test Complete support. They have given me a solution to the issue which I originally have encountered.

Now, I can see the objects under the main page and view it in Object Explorer (see images). The support ask me to insert the following Command-line parameters in the "TestedApps":

-injectcefhook --register-pepper-plugins="c:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 12\x64\Bin\Extensions\tcCrExtension\tcCEFHost.dll;application/x-testcomplete12-0-chrome-browser-agent"

I am not sure whether this would only worked on my machine's environment or this can be used generically across all different users which has come across this problem.

Although it is still too early to tell how good this solution is, as I haven't gone and test this too far just yet, this is a big milestone to our testing and glad to have it working.

Thank you for all of your inputs!

Regards,