Forum Discussion

darktremor
New Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Hangs after Windows update 1803

Hello,
after latest big windows update, Test Complete hangs after few minutes of working.
Windows Defender is using 10% of processor when TestComplete was run, but we have added all the ports and exes, now Defender is not using the processor.
Our tests run for few minutes, then stop working, becasuse Test Complete hangs.
Mouse cursor is then flickering (with wait icon), even if tests are stopped.
After closing TestComplete, mouse cursor stops to flicker, system comes back to normal.
Before Windows update everything worked fine.

• It's possible that 1803 added additional background processes to Windows 10 that is causing TestComplete to have some difficulty.  The behavior you described sounds like it MIGHT be related to "Windows Store Applications".

Go to Tools | Options | Engines | General and make sure that the "Enable support for testing Windows Store applications" is unchecked.  This usually works pretty well for resolving Windows 10 issues with TC.

2 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

It's possible that 1803 added additional background processes to Windows 10 that is causing TestComplete to have some difficulty.  The behavior you described sounds like it MIGHT be related to "Windows Store Applications".

Go to Tools | Options | Engines | General and make sure that the "Enable support for testing Windows Store applications" is unchecked.  This usually works pretty well for resolving Windows 10 issues with TC.

wet
    New Contributor

I have the same problems.

I have to kill TestComplete every few minutes.

I have "Windows app store support" disabled, as I open TestComplete via COM from another tool (to be able to interact with TC).

Though I am not sure if it is a problem of the Windows update to 1803, or if it is a problem with TC 12.5.

I had to update Windows shortly after I upgraded TC from 12.4 to 12.5.

Beforehand I had Windows 1703 and TC 12.4 and everything worked perfectly fine.

Also since the update I have additional problems with TC:

- I often get "object recognition hints" on multiple PCs (not all of which use Windows 10 or the latest version thereof). Sporadically. Never able to reproduce when I try to run the test again.

- Timing issues where I didn't have before.

- When starting the first test, multiple Windows tools open up (Photos window, Settings window)