Forum Discussion

simonaferrara
Frequent Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Handling two Projects with common features

Hi,

I would like to have a Project Suite with two different Projects, because each one belongs to a different deployment scenario.

But both of them have some common features that involves for example the same images within the Regions store, or some scripts that are common to both projects.

But it seems that each Test Complete Project will be independent from the others, so the elements (for example, the Regions and the Scripts) cannot be shared between projects. So, I will have to duplicate them on both project, with the consequence of a duplicate maintenance of them, even for the common parts.

Is there a way to prevent this and share some items between different projects? Or do you have an alternative to recommend?

Thanks!

Simona

4 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

For example, you could have a Common project which exposes methods to TestProject1 and TestProject2. Regions can be updated in one place, i.e. the Common project

Marsha_R
      Champion Level 3

Agree with rraghvani - go up a level and have a parent project suite to share common items.

simonaferrara
    Frequent Contributor

Thank you Marsha_R ! 
    This feature is very useful for me! The only limitation that I see for now is that it is not possible to share the images stored within the Regions, because the image is copied to the new project. So, in case the benchmark image will change, it has to be updated on both the projects. Or do you have an idea on how can be easily update automatically both projects when a region image on one of them is changed?

I see that there is an "Update" flag on the region but it seems doesn't regard this scope.

Thanks!

Simona