Forum Discussion

nwang66
Contributor
15 years ago

Got error when connecting TC 7.50 to Team Foundation Server

Hi, 

I just installed TestComplete 7.50 (enterprise version) on a new PC (not updating from v 6). I have MS Visual Studio installed on the same box. Then I installed TFS explorer and TFS sp1, reboot the pc. It's fine to connect to TFS server from MS VS. However, when I TC Connection Manager to connect TFS, I got this error, "Unable to initialize the Team System engine. Please make sure it is installed correctly." I saw a couple of people had same issue. The solution was registering AQTFSCI.dll. But it doesn't work for me neither. I noticed all the posts are old and register AQTFSCI.dll in TC ver 6 bin folder. But I don't have TC ver 6 folder... Do we have better solution for this issue?

I have another PC with TC 7.2 installed. It is not problem to connect to TFS server. I have worked on this pc for a couple of months. For this new installation, I followed same steps as my previous installation. The only difference is on new PC there is no TC ver 6. 

Thank you very much!

Nancy  

2 Replies

• After uninstalling and reinstalling TestComplete, connecting TestComplete to TFS was successful! It seems the order of installing TC and TFS matters. The correct way is

1. install TFS;

2. reboot PC;

3. install TC. 

The PC/server should be reboot before TC is installed.

By the way, when we install TC, by default, the option of "Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Team Foundation Integration" is not selected. If I check on this option, even though I have MS VS and TFS explore installed on my pc, it will still report error, "The installation program did not find Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Team Foundation Server on your computer." What is this option used for?

Thanks!
  • Hi All,

>>>

However, when I TC Connection Manager to connect TFS, I got this error, "Unable to initialize the Team System engine. Please make sure it is installed correctly."

<<<

You need to install Team Explorer before installing TC. 

If you installed Team Explorer after installing TC, run the installation package, select "Modify", enable the "Extensions | Support for Visual Studio Issue-Tracking System" option (MS Team Explorer needs to be installed in your system), finish the installation and restart your machine.

Please see the "Working With Issue-Tracking Systems - Requirements" help topic for details.

>> "The installation program did not find Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Team Foundation Server on your computer."

The "Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Team Foundation Integration" extension can be installed only on a machine with the Team Foundation Server.