Forum Discussion

mvandunk
New Contributor
10 years ago

Getting tests to run multiple times?

I'm using the trial version.  I made a project, and within the project are 3 keyword tests.  I'm trying to get the tests to run multiple times.  I have changed the "count" number to 3 within the workspace of the project, and even though the tests are running in the correct order, the tests are only running once each.  After that it brings up the log file.  The log file does say "Iteration 1" after the name of each tests, which suggests that it intended to run more than that but it isn't.  

My goal is to have 1 project, with several tests inside it, and then adjust as needed how many times a specific keyword test within the project runs in its entirety.  Browsing the forums it seems as though adjusting the "count" field would be the way to acheive this but I'm not seeing a result.  There seems to be no difference in the running of the project whether I set the count portion of a keyword test within the project to 1, 5, 10 or any other number.  

6 Replies

• Start simple.  Create a keyword test which only logs a message.  Set that test as the project's only test item.  Set the count to 3 and run the project.  Does it work?

Create a second simple keyword test, add as a second test item in the project, set count, run project.  Does that work?

If not, post images.  If so, start building up your tests slowly until you find it doing something you don't expect.
    Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3
    I'm running on version 9.31 but it works for me.  See attached.

mvandunk
    New Contributor
    Maybe I'm blind.  I don't see anything attached to your reply.  

Edit:  Nvm took it a minute to pop up I guess.  I have all of my test counts at 3 and I see it does say iteration but it only goes to 1 and stops there.  Am I supposed to be doing something special inside the test to get it to repeat aside from setting the count?
    mvandunk
    New Contributor
    I did a simple test.  Just opened "My computer" and closed it.  Set the count to 5 and it only did it once.  
  • Humm.  Not logging a message, but still pretty simple.  Well, try reinstalling and rebooting.  It's probably worthwhile to make sure your system has the latest updates.  When that doesn't make a difference, zip up the project with that simple test (making sure there is a failing log file to show the error) and open up a support case and send it in.
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Mike,

How do you start the test execution? Will the test items be executed several times if you run the entire project?