Forum Discussion

scsvel
Frequent Contributor
13 years ago

FindChild - Parameter is InCorrect

Hi all,

I am getting parameter is incorrect message even I am mentioned parameters correctly. I am using FindChild like

var myElement = myPage.FindChild( ["idStr", "nodeName"], ["myCtrl1", "TABLE"], 2);

So here mentioned like,

1st Parameter - Array of Property Names

2nd Parameter - Array of Property Values

3rd Parameter - Depth to search

But sometimes, the same way working for other areas. But sometimes, says "Parameter is Incorrect". What's wrong here?

Thanks...

1 Reply

Julia_K
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello Shanmugavel,

What version of TestComplete are you using? Please update to the latest version of TestComplete (8.70) and check whether the error persists.

If it does, please follow the steps below:

1. Download a free trial version of AQtime 7, which is our profiling tool, from our web site. The trial can be requested on the following page: Free AQtime Pro Trial.

2. Install the tool.

3. Launch AQtime.

4. Right-click within the Modules panel and select Add Module from the context menu.

5. In the Open dialog, select TestComplete's executable file and click Open.

6. Take a look at AQtime's toolbar - there is a combo box. Select Tracing | Exception Trace Profiler in the combo box.

7. Select Options | Options in AQtime's main menu. The Options dialog will appear.

8. Set the Profiling Time | Event View | General | Exceptions | Depth shown setting to 100 and click OK.

9. Click the Run toolbar button (the green arrow) or press F5 to start the profiling.

10. AQtime will start TestComplete and trace all exceptions that will occur in it until it is closed.

11. Reproduce the problem.

12. After the problem occurs, right-click somewhere within the Event View panel (it is opened by default at the bottom of AQtime's window) and select Save All from the context menu.

13. Save the panel's contents to an HTML file and post it here or send it to our Support Team via the Contact Support web form.

Thanks in advance.