Forum Discussion

gilshalev
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Few questions...

Hi

I'm a new user to TC (but have a lot of expirience in QTP).

Few issues that bother me:

1. Scripts and Keyword are seperated tests?! Meaning if I did a change in keyword I allready converted to script, i need to reconvert?

2. How to do a simple sync (E.g. wait for a window). I saw "exist" but without a time parameter?!

3. When a checkpoint fails, the test stops. How can I control it?

4. I added an ADO connection to keyword. Now... what to do with it? How to use it's methods etc? I know how to do it in scripting...

5. Same with conditions added to Keyword.

Thanks alot.

Gil

6 Replies

• Hi Gil!

I'm going to move this up to the TestComplete section at the top of the Forums page - our TestComplete team will be the ones to help you out.

Thanks!

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    I've actually already answered a bunch of these up in the TestComplete New Users forum. :-)
    gilshalev
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi

Thank you all for all your help.

I work as a consultant in the automation area and we are trying to expand our tools arsenal to offer and support our customers.

So I may have few more questions to come...

Regards,

Gil
    gilshalev
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi

I was asked by a customer:

1. Does TestComplete support Borland Delphi?

2. If so, The customer asks: "how to configure the application compiler to publish debug information so the TestComplete will be able to recognize the GUI elements?"

Thanks,

Gil
    tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    1) Yes.  In fact, the shop I used to work at was a Delphi shop and that was one of the reasons for using TestComplete, both that it supported Delphi as well as that it had DelphiScript support so that our automators could use the developers as reference folks if things got sticky.

2)  By default, Delphi applications starting with, I believe, TC 7, are automatically "open" applications.  The GUI elements are available with some general properties and such for interaction.  To get deeper into the app, there is some work that needs to be done in the compiler to utilize the Debug Info Agent.  Information on how to use it can be found http://smartbear.com/support/viewarticle/12507/

Hope this helps!

P.S. As a suggestion, for searchability for other readers of these forums, it's a good rule of thumb to create a new post for each question.  These two questions are close enough related that they could be the same post but they should have been used to start a new thread.  

Happy automating!