Forum Discussion

GacGac
New Contributor
9 years ago

FTP - support?

Is there any way to transfer a file by FTP in TestComplete?

As it is possible to open a TCP/IP- socket, there should be a way to connect to the data-transfer port 20, but I've had no luck doing this. I am able to send FTP-commands through the command port 21, but this is useless if I have no way of retrieving the data I am requesting. (The TCP/IP- socket is handled as the example found in this community).

Is there any way to accomplish this?

Thank you for any answers.

3 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

What is the actual task that you need to do?

If you just need to transfer file via ftp, why not to use the ftp utility provided by Windows and run it either as a Tested Application or using the WScript.Shell() object?

GacGac
      New Contributor

I am using TestComplete to test a system that does not run on a windows operating system, where activation of events is done by telneting commands (successfully done using TCP/IP-socket), and the response is written to a text-file. 

I am already using a batch-file (WScript.Shell() object) to get this file by FTP, but as this is a procedure run multiple times during testing, I am looking for a "cleaner" way to accomplish this through a script to possibly speed up the runtime. Is it possible to retrieve the file without running a batch-file? :)