Forum Discussion

Elvir_QT
New Contributor
13 years ago

External exception E06D7363

Hi everyone

I am working on a script where I create a dump file using Windows Task Manager and then I try to open that dump file, which is pretty large ~260Mb with aqFile.ReadWholeTextFile() function to search for a specific string. But when it tries to open the file I get the error message  "External exception E06D7363".

Does TC have some kind of limit of how big text file it can read?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Elvir

1 Reply

• Hi Elvir,

Please follow the steps below to help us investigate the problem:

1. Request & download AQtime Standard, which is our free profiling tool, from our web site:

AQtime Standard

2. Install the tool.

3. Start AQtime with the -NotOpenApp command line argument. For example, you can use the following command line:

"c:\Program Files\SmartBear\AQtime 7\Bin\AQtime.exe" -NotOpenApp

4. Select the 'File | New Project' main menu item.

5. Right-click the Modules panel and select the "Add Module..." context menu item. In the Open File dialog, select the TestComplete's executable file and click Open.

6. Take a look at the AQtime toolbar - there is a combo box. Open it and select the "Tracing | Exception Trace Profiler" item.

7. Select the "Options | Options..." main menu command - the Options dialog will appear.

8. Set the "Profiling Time | Event View | General | Exceptions | Depth shown" setting to 100 and click OK.

9. Enable the "Profiling Time | Event View | Debug Events | Generate dump on exception" option and specify a dump folder.

10. Start TestComplete via selecting "Run | Run" in AQtime's main menu.

11. Reproduce the problem.

12. After the problem occurs, right-click somewhere within the Event View panel (it is opened by default at the bottom of AQtime's window) and select the 'Save All...' item.

13. Save the panel's contents to an HTML file and send me the file along with all of the generated dump files via our Contact Support form:

http://smartbear.com/support/message/?prod=TestComplete

Thanks in advance.

In the meantime, as a workaround, try using an external utility for your task. For example, you can try using findstr:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb490907.aspx