Ask a Question

External exception C06D007E

rkpatnaik
Occasional Contributor

External exception C06D007E

Hi,

I am getting the captioned error (screenshot attached) while trying to add a Excel worksheet to my Data Driven loop.

I followed the steps as mentioned in the support documents (https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/data-driven/excel-storages.html) to install MS 12.0 Access Database Engine, i.e.

If you have 32-bit Microsoft Office 2010, the installation of the 64-bit provider will fail. In this case, perform the following steps to install it:

Hide Steps

1. Run the installer with the /passive command-line argument.

2. Run the Registry Editor. To do this, open the Start menu, type regedit and press ENTER.

3. Find the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\FilesPaths.

4. Delete or rename the mso.dll registry value. Otherwise, the data provider will get corrupted after the first Excel run.

, and it worked well for a couple of days. Now when I am trying to add another data loop, it throws this exception.

Is there any workaround, apart from using 64-bit MS Office or storing data in .CSV file and access the same?

Test Complete Version: 12.42.3048.7 x64

7 REPLIES 7
AlexKaras
Community Hero

Re: External exception C06D007E

Hi,

As it was discussed, for example, here (https://community.smartbear.com/t5/TestComplete-General-Discussions/Is-Excel-2016-compatible-with-Te...), MS Office bitness does not matter for the Excel file data access.

What does matter, is the match between TestComplete and Excel OLE DB driver bitness.

As you are using 64-bit TestComplete, you must have 64-bit Office data provider to be installed.

Regards,
  /Alex [Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame
================================
shankar_r
Community Hero

It looks to me nothing related to TestComplete. You may want to try reinstall your Office. reference

Or else you can install below things and try it. 

If you working TestComplete x64 bit install AccessDatabaseEngine_X64.exe from this

If you working TestComplete x32 bit install AccessDatabaseEngine.exe from this

Thanks
Shankar R

LinkedIn | CG-VAK Software | Bitbucket | shankarr.75@gmail.com

“You must expect great things from you, before you can do them”

Extension Available

rkpatnaik
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

Thanks for inputs. I tried to "passive install" Access database Engine_x64 from command line. It worked for a day. The next day TestComplete is unable to run the data loop.

shankar_r
Community Hero

what error you are getting?

how  you are doing it?

some screenshots would be better to response.

Thanks
Shankar R

LinkedIn | CG-VAK Software | Bitbucket | shankarr.75@gmail.com

“You must expect great things from you, before you can do them”

Extension Available

rkpatnaik
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

As I have 32-bit Office and 64 bit TestComplete installed, to match the bitness of TestComplete and MS Access Database Engine, I tried to install 64-bit MS Access Database Engine 2010, but it failed because of 32-bit Office.

Then I tried to install 64-bit MS Access Database Engine 2010 AccessDatabaseEngine_X64.exe with /passive command line instruction as given in the help document.

It worked out for a couple of runs, but now when I tried to use another Data-Driven loop, while providing the path for the excel workbook, I got the error message "External Exception C06D007E". Please see the attachment in my first post.

Now after uninstallation of MS Access Database Engine 2010, Test Complete is unable to recognize the objects.

Please help.

AlexKaras
Community Hero

Hi,

Test Complete is unable to recognize the objects.

What objects?

As you have Office 32-bit, it is much easier and more reliable to use TestComplete 32-bit (from the <TestComplete>\bin\ folder) unless you have some requirements that mandate use of 64-bit TC.

Please help.

Try to reboot.

Reinstall TC if reboot does not help. (License should not be deactivated while reinstalling if prompted.)

Regards,
  /Alex [Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame
================================
rkpatnaik
Occasional Contributor

Hi Alex, 

Thanks for the response.

Below is the answer to your question on Objects.

I had recorded a test prior to MS Access Database engine 2010_x64  installation. I uninstalled that because it didnot work.

Now I tried to run the recorded test and TestComplete is unable to perofrm the operations / identify the objects (e.g. Buttons, Textboxes etc.) of the web application. When I used object spy, it shows the same properties of the object at a different point, not on that particular button/textbox. Afterwards I tried to run the same test in a different machine, and TestComplete had no difficulties in identifying those objects.

So I am now suspecting it is caused due to /passive command-line installation of MS Access Database engine.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: