Forum Discussion

rkpatnaik
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

External exception C06D007E

Hi,

I am getting the captioned error (screenshot attached) while trying to add a Excel worksheet to my Data Driven loop.

I followed the steps as mentioned in the support documents (https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/data-driven/excel-storages.html) to install MS 12.0 Access Database Engine, i.e.

If you have 32-bit Microsoft Office 2010, the installation of the 64-bit provider will fail. In this case, perform the following steps to install it:

Hide Steps

1. Run the installer with the /passive command-line argument.

2. Run the Registry Editor. To do this, open the Start menu, type regedit and press ENTER.

3. Find the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\FilesPaths.

4. Delete or rename the mso.dll registry value. Otherwise, the data provider will get corrupted after the first Excel run.

, and it worked well for a couple of days. Now when I am trying to add another data loop, it throws this exception.

Is there any workaround, apart from using 64-bit MS Office or storing data in .CSV file and access the same?

Test Complete Version: 12.42.3048.7 x64

7 Replies

shankar_r
    Community Hero

It looks to me nothing related to TestComplete. You may want to try reinstall your Office. reference

Or else you can install below things and try it. 

If you working TestComplete x64 bit install AccessDatabaseEngine_X64.exe from this

If you working TestComplete x32 bit install AccessDatabaseEngine.exe from this

rkpatnaik
    Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

Thanks for inputs. I tried to "passive install" Access database Engine_x64 from command line. It worked for a day. The next day TestComplete is unable to run the data loop.

shankar_r
      Community Hero

what error you are getting?

how  you are doing it?

some screenshots would be better to response.

rkpatnaik
        Occasional Contributor

Hi,

As I have 32-bit Office and 64 bit TestComplete installed, to match the bitness of TestComplete and MS Access Database Engine, I tried to install 64-bit MS Access Database Engine 2010, but it failed because of 32-bit Office.

Then I tried to install 64-bit MS Access Database Engine 2010 AccessDatabaseEngine_X64.exe with /passive command line instruction as given in the help document.

It worked out for a couple of runs, but now when I tried to use another Data-Driven loop, while providing the path for the excel workbook, I got the error message "External Exception C06D007E". Please see the attachment in my first post.

Now after uninstallation of MS Access Database Engine 2010, Test Complete is unable to recognize the objects.

Please help.