Forum Discussion

JNeedles
Contributor
11 years ago

Extended Find object not being located in object view..

I've got an object set up to use extended find and the system keeps generating an error that it can't find the object.  In addition, I also get 2 warnings that I have Extended find enabled.

to make things strange, if I click 'Show in Object browser' from the name mapping screen it finds it fine, if I go into the Object Browser and ask it to 'Show Object in Name Mapping Editor' it can't find the object.  It worked once today and the rest of the time I keep getting the error.

An error occurred while accessing the "Text" method or property of the "Status" object.

The object or one of its parent objects was not found.

The mapped item "AREQV", which is one of the parent objects of the missing object, has the Extended Find attribute enabled. As a result, the test engine sought for this parent object on all levels down the object hierarchy and found the following object matching the mapping criteria:

Sys.Process("MGRNTW").Window("Magic 8 RunTime", "DEVELOPMENT RUNTIME (NT)", 1).Window("MDIClient", "", 1).Window("CLASS_MDI_CHILD", "AREQV (AL) REQUIREMENT VIEW", 1)

If it is not the desired object, then this mismatch may be the cause of the subsequent "The object does not exist" error. If this is the case, correct the mapping criteria to identify the objects more precisely.

Object Whose Method or Property Was Accessed

Alias:

Aliases.MGRNTW.wndMagic8RunTime.AREQV.MAGIC_GDT.Status

Name mapping item:

NameMapping.Sys.MGRNTW.wndMagic8RunTime.AREQV.MAGIC_GDT.Status

Object That Was Not Found

Alias:

Aliases.MGRNTW.wndMagic8RunTime.AREQV.MAGIC_GDT.Status

Name mapping item:

NameMapping.Sys.MGRNTW.wndMagic8RunTime.AREQV.MAGIC_GDT.Status

Click the link above to view and configure mapping settings for the missing object.

EDIT: It appears that forcing an Object map refresh solved the issue