Forum Discussion

sivakarthik
Contributor
6 years ago

Expand and Collapse Group items

Hello Community members,

Good evening every body, I have a question regarding the Expandgroup and CollapseGroup items.

Actually when I try to use the method CollapseGroup it collapses the group but I don't want that, Instead it has to just click on the group and do the functionality.

In my application, when I click on the group with mouse it doesn't collapse. so I have to test this functionality 

here is my rough code

barItem.CollapseGroup('File menu')

groupCount = barItem.GetVisibleGroupCount()

if group_count < 3:

else:

item.ExpandGroup():

group_count = barItem.GetVisibleGroupCount()

if :

else:

can any one please suggest me regarding this issue ? or please guide me with some info so that I can refer to the methods or topics which can solve the issue.

Thank you

With BestRegards

SivaKartheek Sreeram

4 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Actually when I try to use the method CollapseGroup it collapses the group but I don't want that, Instead it has to just click on the group and do the functionality.

In my application, when I click on the group with mouse it doesn't collapse. so I have to test this functionality 

These two statements of yours seem contradictory.  CollapseGroup is meant to close the group and ExpandGroup is meant to open it.  Is it that your app is not doing the collapse properly?

One thing you can try is recording a test that does exactly what you have in mind.  TestComplete will generate a keyword test to do the steps that you follow.  You can then use the built in function to convert that to a script and use that as a basis for your test.

sivakarthik
      Contributor

Hello Marsha,

Thankyou for your reply, I meant to say that befor start of the application in the navigation menu, If I click on the group it doesn't have to collapse the group. It has to be visible. This functionality I would like to test.

When I use the CollapseGroup method, It collapse the group but, when I click it manually with mouse in that group it doesn't function like that.

Did you get my point now ?

Any how thanks for the suggestion regarding the Keyword test, I already thought about the Keyword test but still it doesn't that much help full.

Thanks and regards

SivaKartheek Sreeram

sivakarthik
        Contributor

hello Everyone,

Did any one have idea regarding this issue ?

please let me know 

thanks and regards

SivaKartheek Sreeram