Forum Discussion

Uzumaki
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Executing manual tests

Hi all,

I have started converting old manual tests (word, excel) to TestComplete manual tests. My question is:

What options do I have when executing these TestComplete manual tests? Do the tester have to start TestComplete or can the manual test be executed standalone somehow? Do we need additional licenses? We have several testers that must be able to run these tests, sometimes even simultaneously.

Today we have a Enterprise license.

Thank you for any information.

/Joakim

1 Reply

• Hi,

What options do I have when executing these TestComplete manual tests?

For information, please read Importing Manual Tests and Executing Manual Tests.

Do the tester have to start TestComplete or can the manual test be executed standalone somehow?

You can run TestComplete manual tests only from TestComplete or TestExecute, they cannot be run stand-alone.

Do we need additional licenses? We have several testers that must be able to run these tests, sometimes even simultaneously.

TestComplete uses two license types: Node-Locked and Floating User. In order to run several TestComplete copies on multiple computers in the local network, you need a Floating User license. The number of copies that can work concurrently is determined by the license key.

You can check the type of your license on the TestComplete 8 page of the My SmartBear section on our web site.

If you have a Node-Locked license, you need to upgrade to a Floating User license.

If you have a Floating User license, but want to use more product instances, you need to upgrade your license. To learn how to do this, please read  Upgrading Existing TestComplete 8 Licenses.