Forum Discussion

sriram_sig
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Executing TestComplete tests from command line

I'm trying to execute testcomplete tests from the command line and i'm referring to this page for the commands - 

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/automating/command-line-and-exit-codes/command-line.html#_ga=2.52509864.1265581788.1575908601-1160848949.1560436226&_gac=1.178572688.1573855075.EAIaIQobChMI9qG38Jrt5QIVWsXICh0JfwUxEAEYASAAEgLND_D_BwE

It seems to be simple, but  i'm unable to make it work.

In the cmd prompt, i changed the directory to the path where my testcomplete.exe file is and executing the below command

Path> TestComplete.exe <Path of the .pjs> file /run /project:<name of the project>

But after executing the above command, it launches testcomplete and shows the the below message

• Are you running this from the Windows command prompt or from powershell or from some other application?  What I've seen in the past is that, when running from some other method other than Windows command prompt, it ends up confusing the exe with trying to open a PJS file.

2 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Are you running this from the Windows command prompt or from powershell or from some other application?  What I've seen in the past is that, when running from some other method other than Windows command prompt, it ends up confusing the exe with trying to open a PJS file.

sriram_sig
      Contributor

hi,

yes you are right, though i mentioned command prompt i was actually using power shell and hence the confusion. Worked perfectly fine after switching to windows cmd. Thanks a lot!