Forum Discussion

saaran
Contributor
9 years ago

Error message displayed while launching the test complete application through citrix receiver..

Hi,

Test application and Test Complete installed in same machine, and when am trying to launch the test complete through citrix receiver, am getting below error.

"Windows cannot find the '%ProgramFiles(x86)%\SmartBear\TestComplete'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again"

Please help me resolve this issue.

Regards,

Saran P.

4 Replies

mailnsuresh
    Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Can you give more information on how you are starting the testcomplete.

Say for example, Start->All Programs->Applications->TestComplete11

Regards,

Suresh

saaran
      Contributor

Hi Suresh,

First i want to know whether we can perform test execution using test complete tool through citrix receiver(XenApp)???

If possible how to make it happens........

Actually i want to execute my scripts through citrix receiver. for this i installed test application and test complete in same machine and then i published both the application and test complete tool through citrix receiver(XenApp).

Now, test application and test complete shortcut icons will display. by clicking test application it get launched and by clicking test complete attached error is displaying.

Please  help me to resolve this issue.

joseph_michaud

It looks like you may not have specified the path to TestComplete correctly.  If installed to the default location (on a 64-bit machine), TestComplete is found at

C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 11\Bin\TestComplete.exe

Also, make sure that whatever tool you're using (Citrix) is processing any environment variables (ie, %ProgramFiles(x86)%)