Forum Discussion

m_essaid
Valued Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Dropdown list

Hi,

I'm trying to record a click on a dropdown list then some input with the keyboard to select an item.

TestComplete only records clicks, but ignores the keyboard.

Does anyone has faced this issue ?

Thank you,

AlexKaras
    5 years ago

if you're moving too fast [...]

For me 'to be not too fast' while recording is to wait until TestComplete draws red rectangle aroung the object hovered with mouse. And continue with clicks/drags only after rectangle appears.

Slow... But more of less reliable.

Just my $0.02.

6 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Because TestComplete may be trying to map the object that you're recording the keystrokes on, if you're moving too fast, it may lose track of the component before the mapping is complete... I've seen this happen personally.

Try mapping the component first then do the recording and see if that corrects the problem.

AlexKaras
      Champion Level 3

if you're moving too fast [...]

For me 'to be not too fast' while recording is to wait until TestComplete draws red rectangle aroung the object hovered with mouse. And continue with clicks/drags only after rectangle appears.

Slow... But more of less reliable.

Just my $0.02.

sonya_m
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thanks everybody!

Hi m_essaid, please let us know if you were able to solve this! 

m_essaid
      Valued Contributor

Hey Robert, thanks for replying,

The problem is that I don't manage to map it, so I tried to record it to get the mapping done...

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Gotcha.

What's preventing the manual mapping?  Is it a control that only appear on hover or something?  Have you tried the CTRL-A way of mapping?

Also, do you have "Use extended find when possible" setting turned on?  because, if so, you could be running into a long search process in finding the object which may be slowing down the recorded mapping.