Forum Discussion

Lagencie
Frequent Contributor
7 years ago

Drag and Drop Mapped Objects into Testcase

Is it somehow possible to drag and drop items from Mapped Objects (NameMapping) into Keyword Tests 

If not, is there a plan on integrating this somehow.

I like to have the few so i have my testcase and the namemapping open, but it really makes no sense, if there is no way to create testcases this way.

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Dragging a NameMapped/Alias object into the test may seem intuitive... but the question then is, which operation?  The object is just the object... what do you intend to do with it?

Basically, when you want to interact with a mapped object in a Keyword test, the first step is to drag the operation into the keyword test and then, either through the wizard or the properties screen, select the mapped object from the available dialogs.

Lagencie
      Frequent Contributor

Yes, that's how I do it right now - but this prolongs the creation of tests by a multiple I guess.

When I have mapped objects - Buttons, Textfields, Dropdown Lists there usually is only one operation you want to do with it - on screen action.

Usually, when I use a mapped object it is always with an on-screen action

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Mapped objects can be part of checkpoints, "if object" operations (for testing existance, visibility, or enabled/disabled), if then logic, parameters in while loops and for loops, parameters being passed to other keyword tests or script routines...  the list goes on.  While dragging and dropping to simply create an onscreen action is probably a pretty simple thing to do, based upon how Keyword test operations function, there's any number of things that dragging the mapped item into it would do that may need to be accounted for.

In the meantime, feel free to create a feature request and campaign for up-votes to see if SmartBear will add it to their development backlog.