Forum Discussion

albonnet
New Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Different view between object browser and name mapping with testComplete

Hi,

I'm trying to test a application that uses WPF with the recorder TC.
When I try to view the objects using Object Browser, I see the uncorrectly objects and the recorder clicks at the wrong place. 

First question: The recorder uses Object Browser and not name mapping?

However with name mapping, the object are correctly identified. I don't understand why?
Moreover, when exploring objects in the Object Browser and right-click the object and select Show Object in Name Mapping Editor it works! The mapped objects corresponding Objects on screen...

I try to configure properties in the project explorer but without success...
I read all the documentation about identifying wpf Object and testComplete, but I don't find anything...

Anybody help, please?

Thanks!

PS: I share my screenshots on different view.

Further Info: I'm new on TC and I use latest version (14.10) free trial, before to valid the solution.

Best regards,

Alexandra

• Hi,

I discovered that TC worked when I closed my second screen but it was not working with my 2 screens open.
    I assumed this meant there was some difference in the name mapping and Ojbect Browser with 2 screens open.

This solved the problem. I have no clue what these are, but it works now!

Best regards,

Alexandra

1 Reply

albonnet
    New Contributor

Hi,

I discovered that TC worked when I closed my second screen but it was not working with my 2 screens open.
    I assumed this meant there was some difference in the name mapping and Ojbect Browser with 2 screens open.

This solved the problem. I have no clue what these are, but it works now!

Best regards,

Alexandra