Forum Discussion

ReynaldoTuazon
8 years ago

Cucumber Test Complete missing java package for cucumber

Has anyone successfully run Cucumber with Test Complete?

There is a getting started tutorial and installation that I followed from this link

https://support.smartbear.com/articles/testcomplete/bdd-cucumber-and-testcomplete/

When I tried to run the sample test, it gives me the errors below. I suspect the Cucumber library provided is missing these packages. Can somebody tell me where or how this can be resolved?

thanks,

Rey

2 Replies

• Hi Support,

As pointed out in this PostBDD Cucumber java I have also noted that the POM file attached fails to run from jenkins.

for Maven goal as "test-compile" the error reported is that the TestComplete Jar is not found. I have added a variable called %TC_COMPLETE% to point to all the Libs/Jars needed for the maven project.

[ERROR] /C:/Work/TestComplete_BDD/Cucumber-Sample-Project/src/test/java/com/example/testingNotepad/Steps.java:[56,19] cannot find symbol[ERROR] symbol:   class TestComplete[ERROR] location: class com.example.testingNotepad.World[ERROR] /C:/Work/TestComplete_BDD/Cucumber-Sample-Project/src/test/java/com/example/testingNotepad/Steps.java:[58,19] cannot find symbol

I am able to run the TestingNotepad Application from IntelliJ.. but with a different Feature we get this Error:

Testing started at 10:44 AM ...
    java.lang.Exception: TestComplete/TestExecute not found
    at com.smartbear.cucumber.TestComplete.<init>(TestComplete.java:42)
    at com.example.SAMPLE.Demo.TC(Steps.java:54)

java.lang.Exception: TestComplete is not accessible.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can't pass in null Dispatch object
    at com.jacob.com.Dispatch.throwIfUnattachedDispatch(Dispatch.java:283)
    at com.jacob.com.Dispatch.get(Dispatch.java:1257)
  • Hi Rey,

I followed these Steps:

Install Maven and create M2 and M2_HOME variables.  

Configure a settings.xml file in your M2 Repository. 

Add a proxy section if you are behind a Firewall.

run mvn -X test on the POM.xml.

or 

mvn -X test -Dcucumber.options="src\test\resources\Test.feature"

mvn -X  clean install -Dcucumber.options="--glue classpath:resources/Test.feature" 

Ref:

Maven Dependency

maven proxy