Ask a Question

Create a test for remote applications

maite17
Occasional Contributor

Create a test for remote applications

Hello,

We have a machine for running the test but the Java applications are on remote computers. We would like to test these applications, how can we create automated tests for this applications and then test them?

Is it possible to create a shared folder in our network with the *.jar files for adding the location of the application when creating an automated test or the application needs to be in the same machine that TestComplete?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Maite

1 REPLY 1
tristaanogre
Community Hero

Re: Create a test for remote applications

If you want TestComplete to interact with the applications, they need to be running on the same box as TestComplete is running.  Now, you can do this with Network Suites but, again, it is essentially the same rule.  The machines you will be sending jobs to using Network will have some form of either TestComplete or TestExecute running. 

The .jar files COULD be stored on some remote drive or machine... but the running application needs to be accessible.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: