Forum Discussion

Vivek72
Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Compatibility issues with MS Lync or Skype for Business

Hi

Anyone experiencing compatibility issues between Test Complete and MS lync or MS Skype for Business? I cannot operate TC and MS lync/Skype both at a time and if I do, TC freezes and crashes. Any feedback from experts or users please?

Thanks & Regards

Kumar

• Hi Vivek72,

This is a completely different question J

I would recommend that you make sure that the latest Skype/Lync version and TestComplete are installed on your computer.

Also, it makes sense to add the Skype process to TestComplete’s Process Filter. In this case, TestComplete shouldn’t affect this tool. Please read the "Process Filter Dialog" ( http://smartbear.com/viewarticle/57695/ ) help topic for details.

6 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Vivek72,

You need to add the NetUIHWND class name to the Open Applications | MSAA | List of accepted windows project settings. After that, TestComplete should successfully recognize objects inside Lync.

MSAA.png

Vivek72
      Contributor

Thanks Tanya,

Apologies for delayed reply. My target here is not to identify objects in MS lync as it got nothing to do with my testing. But the interaction between the Skype and Test Complete itself is stopping me from using skype which is the main source of communication between developers and testers. As soon as skype is started, the Test Complete gets frozen preventing me from using Test complete. This enforces us run only one program at a time.

Thanks

Vivek72

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Vivek72,

This is a completely different question J

I would recommend that you make sure that the latest Skype/Lync version and TestComplete are installed on your computer.

Also, it makes sense to add the Skype process to TestComplete’s Process Filter. In this case, TestComplete shouldn’t affect this tool. Please read the "Process Filter Dialog" ( http://smartbear.com/viewarticle/57695/ ) help topic for details.

umasatya
      Regular Visitor

Hi Tanya,

Unable to perform operations in Skype for Business after adding "NetUIHWND" and added lync process in the process list. Can You Please help on this?

Thanks,

Uma

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

This message thread is at least 3 years old... Also, if I'm reading this thread correctly, the problem being presented here is NOT to get Skype to work with TestComplete but more to prevent Skype from interfereing with TestComplete functionality.  Since it appears to be a different problem, please post a new question/query with details as to what you're trying to do, what version of TestComplete you're using, what operating system you're using, any error messgaes you're getting, etc.