Forum Discussion

tppegu
Contributor
15 years ago

Click method not reliable

Hi all.

Am I the only one having problems with the Click method? It's not all the time, but I frequently see my tests failing because the Click action has no effect, despite the action being recorded in the log. As I watch the test running, I can see the mouse get positioned over the object I want to click, so the method is doing at least that much. But whatever is expected to happen as a result of clicking the object frequently just doesn't happen. I have never seen a similar lack of response from these objects when clicking them manually, so it seems that there is a problem with the way TC simulates mouse clicks..

I have seen this problem with ordinary web objects in IE and Firefox, as well as Silverlight objects (athough I suspect the Silverlight ones may be due to a different problem)

1 Reply

• Hi Tony,

To investigate the problem, we will need your project suite along with failed tests execution results. Zip the folder containing your project suite. Then, submit a request via our Contact Support form and attach the archive to the request. Point out the problematic object.

Also, in the request, answer the following questions:

1. Can the problem be reproduced on some public site? If it cannot, we will need you to give us access to your application or a sample application on which the problem can be reproduced.

2. Let me know the versions of the browser, OS and Silverlight framework on which the problem can be reproduced.