Forum Discussion

marin
Frequent Contributor
6 years ago

Chrome 69 extension for Test Complete 12.6.5545 available?

Hello all,

after updating from TC v.12.5 to 12.6 my Chrome tests are not working anymore on Chrome 69.0.3497.100  ("TestComplete Chrome Extension Is Not Installed or Is Disabled").

However, the extension is installed in Chrome and add-on is enabled:

Chrome extension installed and activated

In the download section at Smart Bear there is only extension for TC 12.5.

My expectation was that 12.6 would already include the extension for Chrome 69? Or am I missing something?
My Test Complete Version:

Test Complete 12.6

Many thanks for any hints,

Marin

5 Replies

Stephane
      Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I am in exactly the same boat as you where I was on TC 12.50 and Chrome 68. 

I did the upgrade to TC 12.60 and Chrome 69 (along with the Chrome patches) and it all went wrong from there. I raise a support ticket where I was told to re install the chrome extension but this has not helped. I am waiting for their next response now. 

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled TC 12.60 but this has not made any difference either. I am currently out of options. 

Any other suggestions will be welcomed. 

marin
      Frequent Contributor

Hello Alex,

unfortunately it does not help - neither re-install of extension from the link nor subsequent reboot: Test Complete extension for Chrome will not be recognized and same error will be logged.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Marin

marin
        Frequent Contributor

Hello all,

the source of the problem is found:

I have two monitors and Chrome browser was running on the different one (on primary) as Test Complete (on secondary). This scenario is apparently not possible. Only if Test Complete and Chrome are running on the same monitor the extension will be recognized and tests will run.

Is this a known issue?

IMO it is really a pitfall - if e.g. Firefox is used, it will be recognized no matter the monitor situation (either on a different monitor than Test Complete or on the same one). This is why it was confusing...

Regards,

Marin