Forum Discussion

Fimbultyr
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Chrome 66.0 unsupported extensions disabled

Hi guys,

I am currently struggling with the TestComplete Chrome Extension on my Server 2016 Machine.

Since i updated to Chrome 66.0 this machine causes errors during test execution because Chrome disables the SmartBear Test Extension.

The funny thing is, all other VMs do not suffer from the same issue even if they have Chrome 66.0 installed too.

(Win 10, 7, 8.1, 2012R2, 2012, 2008R2, 2008) 

If i start Chrome 66.0 manually with enabled extension, nothing happens.
The Extension wont get disabled and no issues with Chrome.

If i run TC/TE and Chrome is getting opened through the scripts the PopUp "Unsupported extensions disabled" will appear and Chrome disables the SmartBear Test Extension.

I tried reinstalling the Extension with and without Developer Enabled (in Chrome) but this did not work.

Would be great if someone can give me further ideas on how to solve this.

Cheers,

Constantin

• If TC/TE are being executed as a different user or "As Administrator", that opens a different profile for Chrome which might not have the extension enabled.  What I would do is let TC/TE open the browser and then manually enable the extension.  

If you continue to have problems with this, I think it would be better handled by SmartBear support directly https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete

2 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

If TC/TE are being executed as a different user or "As Administrator", that opens a different profile for Chrome which might not have the extension enabled.  What I would do is let TC/TE open the browser and then manually enable the extension.  

If you continue to have problems with this, I think it would be better handled by SmartBear support directly https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete

Fimbultyr
      Contributor

Hi Robert,

Yes you are right, thanks for the help.
      Sometimes you cant see the forest for the trees.

I had TC connect to another user on the machine and there i could identify the misbehavior of the extension.
      Simply reinstalled the extension as stated above and all green again.

Cheers,

Constantin