Forum Discussion

sudhir_optima
Contributor
13 years ago

Checkpoint failed 'Specified object is not valid or can not be found' error

I have inserted a Table checkpoint. But when run it failed giving 'Specified object is not valid or can not be found' error.The comparision has been aborted.

I have verified that same object is already added and mapped. Still giving this error ?

5 Replies

• The issue may be because the object on which i have insetred Checkpoint is common. I mean on my page i have 3 Dataset. When configure each opens with a windowobject but with different row data.I am inserting a Tablecheckpoint on one of such object.

Will any one help me how to handle this ?
    tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    Can you post the code of what you're executing?  Screenshots of the table object you're doing the checkpoint on would be useful as well.  Additionally, the table checkpoint may have been created with one set of mapping criteria but in subsequent runs of your application, that criteria may present dynamic qualities that you need to account for.  Could you post a screenshot showing such mapping?
  • Thanks Robert for your kind attention.  We are able to resolve this. It is because the child object on which we have Table checkpoint has incorrect parent mapped name.Its parent is another . We dont know how this object get added in incorrect Parent object. We have explored it with Object browser, where its parent is different and which is correct one.

We then Deleted the Incorrect parent object from Mapped tree, again record the action. And the child object on which we are inserting tablecheckpoint is properly added to its correct parent object.

But can you tell why the object get added into incorrect Parent object ?
    tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    That I cannot answer.  It's possible that in the original mapping occurred before the developers completed some of their work and so objects got re-organized in the hierarchy.  But that is pure speculation and has no basis in fact.  

Sorry. :(