Forum Discussion

dipali
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

Cannot get a picture object from the input parameter, error occurs on region checkpoint tests

I have extended search turned on for the object which I'm using the in region checkpoint keyword test.

The checkpoint fails with error "Cannot get a picture object from the input parameter"

Prior to this error the warning message were posted which suggests that

"The mapped item "xyz", which is one of the parent objects of the missing object, has the Extended Find attribute enabled. As a result, the test engine sought for this parent object on all levels down the object hierarchy and found the following object matching the mapping criteria:...." where the mapping in the log suggests that the TestComplete is half way through the object hierarchy and probably couldn't reach to find desired object.

Is this because TestComplete is taking longer to do extended search for the required dynamic object in the region checkpoint?

1 Reply

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Yup, you got it.  Extended Find does go through a search process which may take some time.  It is also possible that the object you have mapped may have changed it's identification properties.

I do use Extended Find for some things but usually I map everything and only use Extended Find as needed.  My suggestion for you is that, for the object in question, add additional parent objects in your mapping to reduce how far down the tree Extended Find has to search.  This will resolve the issue you're currently having as well as have the effect of improving your automation performance.