Forum Discussion

slecault
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Cannot find any visible Page node

I have 2 projects (TestWeb and Mobile) within 1 Suite (WebSuite) using TC12.30.

I need to open a browser and navigate to a specific page.

Using a small Delphi procedure to test, it is working fine from my TestWeb project. The browser starts, it then navigates to the desired page.

But not from my Mobile project, it ends in error:

URL:
http://www.garmin.com
Process ID: 12456
Process Command Line: "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
Info: Cannot find any visible Page node.

NameMapping.Sys.Process('iexplore')

Same small procedure in both projects:

procedure WakeUp;
begin
Browsers.item[btIExplorer].Run(
'http://www.garmin.com');
end;

Since it is working as expected from one of my projects:
•the browsers must be ok (tried with Chrome am ie)
•The Web extension is install properly on my Desktop
•The address et PC configuration is all the same (copy of procedure, running from same desktop)

I am suspecting the Namemapping or the ProjectProperties since these are slightly different. But still cannot figure out which one(s).

Any suggestions or solutions are welcome.

• I found the issue, the Properties - Open Applications - Process Filter of my Mobile project was set to "Use only Tested applications". I changed it to "Use all processes" and it is working fine now. 

The message saying the page could not be found might not have helped, something like "no browser process found" might have been more intuitive.

7 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Screenshots of the two projects may be helpful.  I do think you're on the right track with NameMapping... is it possible that the NameMapping in the mobile project doesn't have anything in it?

slecault
        Contributor

I found the issue, the Properties - Open Applications - Process Filter of my Mobile project was set to "Use only Tested applications". I changed it to "Use all processes" and it is working fine now. 

The message saying the page could not be found might not have helped, something like "no browser process found" might have been more intuitive.