Forum Discussion

mcp111
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Can the new Testcomplete beta coexist with existing version?

Can the new Testcomplete beta coexist with existing version?

mcp111
    6 years ago

Thanks.

I contacted Prashant Mohan the Smartbear Testcomplete manager and he said they cannot coexist. Better to install on separate machines.

Has anybody worked with the beta?

How is your experience?

tristaanogre wrote:

In my experience, unless it's a full version change (like from TC 12 to TC 13), you can't co-exist minor versions together.  So, if this is like TC 12.6, then no.  But then...  I'm not a SmartBear employee so I would suggest you contact them.

6 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

In my experience, unless it's a full version change (like from TC 12 to TC 13), you can't co-exist minor versions together.  So, if this is like TC 12.6, then no.  But then...  I'm not a SmartBear employee so I would suggest you contact them.

karkadil
      Valued Contributor

The question was about new beta TestComplete, so yes, it can be used on the same PC together with previous version (at least all previous versions could).

However, since this is beta, it is highly recommended not to install it on your working PC. It is better to use a virtual machine or a separate computer.

mcp111
        Contributor

I am reading your TestComplete cookbook

Great to meet you sir!!!

karkadil wrote:

The question was about new beta TestComplete, so yes, it can be used on the same PC together with previous version (at least all previous versions could).

However, since this is beta, it is highly recommended not to install it on your working PC. It is better to use a virtual machine or a separate computer.

mcp111
      Contributor

Thanks.

I contacted Prashant Mohan the Smartbear Testcomplete manager and he said they cannot coexist. Better to install on separate machines.

Has anybody worked with the beta?

How is your experience?

tristaanogre wrote: