Ask a Question

Calling SOAP UI from TestComplete

Sabiha
Occasional Contributor

Calling SOAP UI from TestComplete

Hi,

We have some SOAP UI requests that we call from within TestComplete via the ReadyAPI1.Test1.Execute()  mechanism.

I can see that the ready API Editor overrides page allows me to specify a different host to that specified in SOAP UI request.

Is there a way that I can use a project variable here  to set the host via my tests scripts?

I have tried setting a project variable to my server name and then entering the project variable in the host field but it doesn't like it.

Any ideas how I can run the same  SOAP requests on different servers - via testscripts?

Sabiha_1-1670336436422.png

2 REPLIES 2
Kitt
Regular Contributor

I would suggest reviewing the TestComplete doc for the ReadyAPI Test Editor - specifically Overrides and Properties: https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/integration/ready-api/editor/index.html 

You can set a Project.Variable as a project property to use in your API test. And although the docs don't explicitly explain how to pass the variable at runtime - I believe they cover it in the SmartBear Academy video somewhere.

You can try creating and setting a new Project.Variables.hostName > setting this as a project property in the API test editor > and using the following as the Host in your Overrides: ${#Project#hostName}

^^^ here's a post about it that may be helpful [here]

[[ kITt: keep IT testing ]]
Sabiha
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll take a look at the articles and see if I can find the SmartBear video.

In the meantime, I have managed to work around it by creating a routine that calls my tests using command line calls to testrunner.bat where I can pass in host name etc as parameters

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: