Forum Discussion

15 years ago

Call test run from different project

If I have 2 project - Project1 and Project2 - and in Project1, I have 1 keyword script call "Test1".  Can I run "Test1" from Project2?  I know that I can run "Test1" from Project1.  Thanks

6 Replies

• Hello Pete,

To accomplish the task, add the keyword test from Project2 to Project1 (that is, share the keyword test between the projects). As soon as you do this, you will be able to run the second test from the first one by using the "Run Keyword Test" operation. Some additional information can be found in the following help topic:

Sharing Project Items and Their Child Elements Among Several Projects

BTW, as far as I know, you have got an answer to this question by using our Support Live Chat service.

Please do not duplicate your requests in different places - this makes processing requests more complex.

Thanks for understanding.

ory_zam
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Alex,

I'm sharing some keyword tests between two different projects, and I experience a problem when editing a test from the second project (test originated in the first project):

Everytime I click the save button, I get a message "item changed outside testcomplete. do you want to reload the item?"

Is this a known issue?
    tuscias
    New Contributor
    I'm trying to image what kind of problem you have.

Probably you have multiple tabs of the same file opened in the editor.

I guess the solution would be not to open the same file in multiple projects at once - try to keep one tab for one file.

ory_zam
    Occasional Contributor
    Actually, I never open the same file in more than one tab (I usually try to have the minimum number of tabs open - so a lot of the time I only have 1 tab open in total).

Am I the only one that experience this? Maybe it has something to do with the way I configered my Project Suite?

I currently have two projects: One is called "Common" and is intended for the only reason of sharing common scripts and keyword tests between different projects (for example a script that returns the row number of a value in a grid).

The other is called "Crash & Burn" and in it, under the KeywordTests item (for example) I have created a directory "Common" and in it I have added the existing items from the first project. When I check out those shared items, edit and then save I get the "item has been changed outside editor, do you want to reload it" message.
  • Hi Ory,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We will try to fix it as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience.