Forum Discussion

cosmincojanu
New Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

CEF -injectCefHook script injection not working in 15.30 ?

Hi All,

We just upgraded from Test Complete v14.91 to v15.30 and noticed that our CEF app is not recognized anymore (i.e. only Page ObjectType is displayed under Object Browser for that app). We are using 3rd approach with -injectCefHook flag added to the .exe and it worked just fine for the last 4years.

Noticed that from v15.20, a new way of interacting with CEF apps was introduced, however this is only applicable from v88 and we are using v3 release 2454 (yes, very old). I still gave it a try but no luck.

Did anyone else experience this with v15.30+ (probably also 15.20) ?

Regards,

Cosmin

• Thanks Alex!

Hi cosmincojanu, I found your ticket with support, let me post their reply here for anyone who's also facing this:

>>

Our developers have analyzed the latest report and found a bug where TestComplete doesn't recognize CEF applications. It will be fixed in the future releases, I'll keep you posted. For now, I can suggest using TestComplete version 14.91. 

<<

8 Replies

sonya_m
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thanks Alex!

Hi cosmincojanu, I found your ticket with support, let me post their reply here for anyone who's also facing this:

>>

Our developers have analyzed the latest report and found a bug where TestComplete doesn't recognize CEF applications. It will be fixed in the future releases, I'll keep you posted. For now, I can suggest using TestComplete version 14.91. 

<<

AlexKaras
      Champion Level 3

Thank you, Sonya!

Just to double-check - What's New articles for TC 15.31 and 15.40 do not mention this problem. Does this mean that the problem might happen with TC 15.40 as well?

sonya_m
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi AlexKaras, the reply I copied over was sent only today, I don't believe it was included in 15.40. 

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi Cosmin,

You may try to start TestComplete 'As Administrator' - this solves page identification problem that we have otherwise when TestComplete is started in a usual way.

cosmincojanu
      New Contributor

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your reply.
      Unfortunately I do not have that liberty here nor they can provide "temporary administrator" access rights. 

Regards,
      Cosmin

cosmincojanu
        New Contributor

Coming back to my initial reply.

I managed to start Test Complete as Administrator and problem is still there (local admin helped). App was started again in order to have the hook registered with the new instance of Test Complete.

Regards,

Cosmin