Ask a Question

Buttons are not being recognized once mapped??

SOLVED
blbdt36
Contributor

Buttons are not being recognized once mapped??

My normal process to map items is as follows:

I use the Display Object Spy to highlight the item.  View it in the Object browser, Map item, Show in Name Mapping Editor, find Mapped item.  From here, I proceed to change the name and reposition the items so that they are higher in the tree.  I haven't had many problems with this until now.

I have three buttons on the screen that I need to test.  Everything works as expected up until the point that I map the item: Highlight on screen.  Highlight on screen that sees them as three different buttons. 

After I map them, they all have the same name when using the Display Object Spy.  I cannot map the other two separately.  When I try to highlight on screen on using the Aliases or Name Mapping Editor Tree, I get an error "Cannot highlight this object on screen."

Why is this happening?  How can I get this to work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blbdt36
Contributor

Re: Buttons are not being recognized once mapped??

I think I figured it out.  I went too far in the tree.  I used the item that was one above what I was using and it seems to be working as expected.  Only way to tell is to test!  LOL.  I will re-attach the screenshot if it doesn't work

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Marsha_R
Community Hero

Could you show us the Object Spy properties for the buttons and the name mapping as well?

Marsha_R
[Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame
blbdt36
Contributor

I am not sure how helpful it will be.  I have to block out anything that indicates anything about where and what I am working on.

I have been in this situation before with no issues.

(ETA - wrong screenshot than requested)

blbdt36
Contributor

I think I figured it out.  I went too far in the tree.  I used the item that was one above what I was using and it seems to be working as expected.  Only way to tell is to test!  LOL.  I will re-attach the screenshot if it doesn't work

View solution in original post

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: