Forum Discussion

sdruker
Contributor
10 years ago

Browser's file upolad dialog #32770 issue

Hi,

I am using testcomplete 9.31v

and recently  I'm expericeing a problem with the browser's file upload dialog.

Inconsistently during the test run , testcomplete doen't "see" the file upload dialog object.

usually when there is "object not found" error, something with the object hierarchy or properties definietions is wrong. 

however, in my case, the object is not even appearing undet the "object browser".

After I  manually did a refresh to the object browser display ,it appears, and I could higlight the object on the screen with no problem.

I then added "refresh" and "refresh mapinfo" steps to the test. 

but it didn't help, still the same problem occurs intermittently

Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

Thanks,

Silvana

3 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Silvana,

Can you provide more details on what browser the problem occurs and how you are identifying the window?

I had problems that TestComplete reported that .SaveFile/.OpenFile methods were not found for the #32770 window in IE browsers family while I was able to highlight the window using Object Spy and perfectly saw the methods on the Methods page.

Finally, it appeared that TestComplete also finds another #32770 window with the 'View Downloads' caption that is not visible in the Object Browser. So I changed the NameMapping for the #32770 window from a simple contition of 'WndClass Equals "#32770"' to a complex condition of 'WndClass Equals "#32770" And WndCaption Does not equal 'View Downloads*'' and the problem has gone.

Might something similair be in your case?
  • Hi Alexei, and thank you for your response.

The solution Silvana and me had so far is quite similar to yours, the condition:

'WndClass Equals "#32770"

AND

(WndCaption equals "*upload*file*"

OR

WndCaption equals "*Upload*File*")'

We made sure that there are no "ambiguous" objects to this one on all the open tabs.

But yet, the same failure occures again.

More ideas will be gladly recieved.

Thanks.

Silvana & Mor.
  • Hi again,

I forgot to mention:

The tested app is a website, mostly HTML based. At some point, the website turns to a FLEX page.

The file upload dialog is perfectly recognized when it opens from the HTML pages, the problem occures occasionly and only when the dialog is opened from the FLEX page.

A the extensions to FLEX are intalled, and all the object are recognized.

What could be the problem?

Thanks.

Silvana & Mor