Forum Discussion

s5h
Contributor
10 years ago

Browser refresh in Chrome taking too long

Hi 

I have a scenario where in my webpage I save a recordby clicking a Save button and a pop up message appears for 3-4seconds stating the record has saved. I need to verify that this message has appeared. But by the the time the Browser.Refresh complete the message has disappeared so findchild cannot find it. 

The map to the message appears as a direct child of Sys.Browser.Page so that is why the refresh is taking so long. Any ideas how I can reduce the number of items seen in Object Browser under Sys.Browser.Page so the refresh can be done quicker? 

I am using TC10

3 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Siobhan,

You could try using the Wait method to obtain the window you are waiting for. For example:

Sys.Browser("chrome").Page("*").WaitForm("form", 5000)

s5h
    Contributor
    Hi Tanya, 

I am using the objBrowserForm.WaitPanel("qMainContainer", -1) and it works fine. It is when I go onto the next page it doesn't seem to work. I use WaitPanel("hybridBrowse") and even when the Panel appears it gets stuck in the Wait. 

Does the Wait just search direct child objects? 
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Siobhan,

The method waits for a child object during the specified timeout, or until the object appears. Please refer to this article to learn more.