Forum Discussion

Aristotelis
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Browser(firefox) object as Process("firefox") and not Browser("firefox")

Hello All

I am testing a web application (written in java) and have an issue with Test Complete name mapping. My scripts are in JS. I would be more than happy if someone could somehow help.
In the past my firefox objects we expressed (as seen in the Object Browser) as Browser("firefox"). Then I recorder a test where I opened and added a tested application installed in TestComplete server.
After that firefox object changed to Process("firefox") as seen in the Object Browser. In cosequence during playback of my scripts, firefox objects cannot be found as they have different name in the script and as objects in Object Browser. In that manner name mapping seems not to work.

For example

My script attempts to expand a menu in tested application with the following line:

NameMapping.Sys.CrossBrowser.BrowserWindow(0).Window("MozillaWindowClass").AWTObject("PluginEmbeddedFrame", "", -1).SwingObject("DlsApplet", "", 0).SwingObject("JRootPane", "", 0).SwingObject("null.layeredPane").SwingObject("null.contentPane").SwingObject("DlsFrame", "", 0).SwingObject("JSplitPane", "", 0).SwingObject("JPanel", "", 0).SwingObject("JScrollPane", "", 0).SwingObject("JViewport", "", 0).SwingObject("JTree", "", 0).ExpandItem("DService|Administration");

Whereas all these objects of my application opened in firefox are stored as Sys.Process objects in Object Browser and not as Browser objects:

NameMapping.Sys.Process("firefox")

or more specifically:

NameMapping.Sys.Process("firefox").Window("MozillaWindowClass", "Mozilla Firefox", 1)

So TestComplete cannot find firefox object because this is defined in Object Browser as a win Process while Test Complete searches for a CrossBrowser Object as written in the script and stored in the namemapping. It seems Test Complete ignores namemapping in this specific case. As a result my script does not execute.

TestComplete version: 10.60.3387.7
Firefox version 26.0

Thanks in advance

Aristotelis

6 Replies