Ask a Question

BDD Scenario Examples Not Showing as Individual Tests in the Execution Plan

SOLVED
WesWhit
Occasional Contributor

BDD Scenario Examples Not Showing as Individual Tests in the Execution Plan

HI all, I changed the settings so that Scenario outlines showed as a single test in the execution plan and in the results (I thought it looked neater).

unfortunately I have been asked to change it back , but it I can't seem to do it. 

WesWhit_0-1691579458192.png

This is how it looks, if I change the BDD setting to count each example as a single test, the it just removes the test case check and wont run the tests.

please help!!

6 REPLIES 6
rraghvani
Champion Level 3

Are you not able to organise the tests using the arrows?

rraghvani_0-1691671311426.png

WesWhit
Occasional Contributor

I can do that, but what I am trying to do is get every scenario outline example to show as an item in this list. Not just show the scenario outline. 

So, for example. I have a scenario outline that has 7 rows in the examples table. I want each of those to display as a single test in the execution plan (7 in the list) rather than just the outline (1 in the list).

does that makes sense? I had it like it by default but not matter what I do it wont go back. 

rraghvani
Champion Level 3

How did you get it into that state, in the first place?

WesWhit
Occasional Contributor

I unchecked the BDD option for scenario examples to be counted as individual tests. But, now, if I check the option again it just unchecks the test case marker for all scenarios in the execution plan. This then stops them from running in the pipeline in DevOps. 

WesWhit
Occasional Contributor

I have also noticed that you are no longer able to right click on an example line and run it. It runs the whole scenario outline now. I have raised a ticket as I am assuming these issues are bugs.

WesWhit
Occasional Contributor

@rraghvani Thank you for your help. I have now had confirmation that it is a reproducible issue, and will be fixed. 😄 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: