Forum Discussion

SamuraiJack
Contributor
15 years ago

Autofill on fields not working after input into primary field in IE with ASP.Net

I'm trying to automate some form entry and normally when you type in the reference number in the primary field and hit 'tab' or click one of the sub fields it pulls the statistical data from the DB and fills the sub fields. 

I got the entry of the reference number set up, I've tried setting up clicks on multiple sub fields and building in delays, but the auto fill never occurs before the script tries to move on to the next page.   Is there a command I'm missing, or could my wait times just not be long enough.  I've noticed most of my tests have long delays between actions happening.

thanks

SJ

3 Replies

• Jack,

To obtain the data automatically try simulating the user action than manipulating the properties. I mean if you set the text property of the primary field that may not produce the effect you are expecting. For that you could simulate the user action. You can do that by keys method.

try 

PrimaryControl.keys("What You Want To Enter")

PrimaryControl.keys("[Tab]")

Thankyou

Syed

• I added tabs and a double click on a field.  For whatever reason, once I run TC to fill in the reference number the script to load the data for that number stops working.  I can't even get it to do the refresh if I stop the script and do things on the various fields.  I went the route of just selecting the info from the drop downs and filling in the text fields.  Very strange.
  • Hi Jack,

Try increasing the value of the 'Key pressing delay' option. See the "Project Properties - Playback Options" help topic for more information. If the problem persists, could you please record your actions by using a screen recorder so I can clearly note all the actions leading to the problem?

You can use the CamStudio free screen recorder for the recording. You can download it here:

Run the recorder, set "Options  Video Options | Quality" to 50 and record the issue.

Please record the video demonstrating the expected behavior of the application and the behavior with TestComplete. Send the files via our Contact Support Form (http://www.automatedqa.com/support/message/). Please let me know if the file is too large for sending it via e-mail. I'll give you access to our FTP server so you can upload it there.

Thanks in advance.