Forum Discussion

VikramT
New Contributor
2 years ago

Application Alert window is not recognised using Object Mapping

Hi,
I am using TestComplete for a year now and it is very helpful and easy to learn for someone like me without a developer background. 
I have been mostly using Keyword Tests.

In recent times (not sure exactly when this has started) the TestComplete is not recognising the previously mapped Alert window (a year back when this test was recorded)
When executing the test the Alert box is not recognised and message "Preparing an object recognition hint" is displayed.
The test fails and in the Testlog description the reason defined in Parent Object Alert is not found.

Also when I try yo use the record mode or manually map the Alert window it is not being recognised and instead the object below the Alert window gets mapped.

Please refer attached screenshots for clarity

Following are the latest versions in use.
TestComplete Version: 14.93.312.7 x64
Chrome Version 102.0.5005.115

Please help.

Thanks,
Vikram T

5 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

First thing I would try is backing up your current TestComplete and then upgrading to the latest version to see if something got fixed. Can you do that?

VikramT
    New Contributor

Hi Marsha,

I have an existing maintenance license for the TestComplete Version: 14.93.312.7 x64.

If the same license can be used for the latest TestComplete Version  than it should not be a problem to upgrade.
    If not then it will be a long process to get an approval from the client before I can upgrade to latest version.

Thanks,
    Vikram T

VikramT
        New Contributor

Hi Marsha,

I have been going through the link as per your suggestion in your first reply.
        Thanks for confirming about the validity and I can see in my account the version 15.40 in my subscription in my account.

I have take the backup of the current TestComplete and also the Project setting backup.
        Just one query should the Project settings file be first imported to TestComplete when version 15.40 has been installed for the first time before opening up the actual project?

I will try to install and check if it works over the weekend.

Thanks,
        Vikram T