Forum Discussion

rbofarull
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Adding ActiveX objects

Hi,

I'm using an evaluation version of TestComplete.

I tried to add an ActiveX object (SPR32X60.ocx) to my project, and received an error saying that LICENSE.DAT not found.

Is this related to the evaluation version? Is there a way to sort out this and evaluate TestComplete with the app I'm interested with?

Thanks and regards,

3 Replies

AlexeyK
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Roger,

As far as I know, TestComplete does not require any additional license files to be specified after you activated a trial version.

Perhaps, this is the file that is required by your ActiveX object. Could you check whether it is registered on your computer correctly?

What is the exact error message you receive?

rbofarull
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The exact message is within a popup that appears after selecting the component in the "Select ActiveX Component" dialog is:

"File LICENSE.DAT not found. License Agreement can not be completed". Then after accepting this popup, another message comes up saying "Unable to create and instance of the ActiveX object..."

I assume its correctly registered because it appears in the Select ActiveX component dialog.

The application under test is correctly licensed and works perfectly, so I assume the object should also be correctly licensed...

Thanks
    AlexeyK
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Roger,

"File LICENSE.DAT not found. License Agreement can not be completed".

As far as I know, this is not a TestComplete message.

At the moment, I think, this message is shown by the tested ActiveX object. It's possible that the object has been registered successfully (that is why you see it in the ActiveX object list), but unable to be instantiated as it fails to find the license file.

You wrote that the tested application worked fine. Could you run your application on the computer, where you are creating your test, and check whether the application functionality/part that requires the tested ActiveX object works?

If this check passes, then, most likely, there are certain specifics of using this ActiveX object, which cannot be emulated by TestComplete.