cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with WndClass=TElTreeView. How to click on nodes inside it? TC identifies it as a whole.

Highlighted

Need help with WndClass=TElTreeView. How to click on nodes inside it? TC identifies it as a whole.

Hi TestComplete Enthusiasts,

I am writing descriptive programming code for a propriety application in Smartbear's TestComplete automation Tool.

I need your help with WndClass=TElTreeView (See attached screenshots). There are multiple nodes or values (displayed as a text) listed inside this tree area.

Object Spy only identify this tree area as a whole and not identifying the different nodes inside it.

My task is to click on different nodes inside this tree area. How can i click on a particular node?

Recorded scripts works fine and clicks on the recorded node using specific coordinates [Click(77, 44)]. But these node might get changed and therefore coordinates are not fixed. 

How to click on different nodes inside it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Prakhar Verma

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Need help with WndClass=TElTreeView. How to click on nodes inside it? TC identifies it as a whol

Hello prakharhp4,

It seems to me that the control TElTreeView is a third-party control, Am I right?

If so, please check the name of the the third-party developer.

Maybe it is just a control that inherits from another control, in that case, you just have to check the class which it is derived from under the menu "Tools -> Current project properties -> Object Mapping".

Let me know if that helps,

Leandro de Araújo Souza

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Building with the Collaborator API

Help Documenation
The Collaborator API is a JSON-RPC API that lets you integrate with Collaborator 9.0 and above. For more information about how the API works, check out the API description here:

Sample Plugins
For an example of an add-in that uses the API, take a look at the Microsoft Word Add-in for Collaborator:

We list all the great plugins our network has already built on this page on the SmartBear website.

Labels