Forum Discussion

Subbulakshmi
Frequent Contributor
10 years ago

unable to connect to android device

Hi,

After setting up all the steps mentioned for preparing test complete and android device for android testing, I am getting error while connecting the device. Once clicking on Show Mobile screen, test complete goes to NOT Responding state. After few minutes the device is getting connected for few seconds. When I try to enable android agent, Again Test Complete is going to not responding state and after sometime, I am getting attached error. 

8 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Deepa,

Please answer the following questions to help us better understand what is going on:

1. What device are you using?

2. What Android version is installed on the device?

3. What TestComplete version are you using?

4. What Android SDK version is installed on your computer?

Thanks.

Subbulakshmi
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi Tanya,

Please find the details below.

Test Complete Version: Ver 10.30

Android version: 4.4.2

Phone: Nexus 5

ADT version in desktop: Build: v22.2.1-833290

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Deepa,

Could you please collect some additional info on your device to help our R&D team better understand what is going on? 

Perform the following on the device:

1. Run Command Prompt.

2. Navigate to the "<Android SDK>\Platform-tools\" folder. To do this, type:

cd <your_drive_letter>:\<path_to_the_Android SDK>\Platform-tools\

3. Execute the following command with Android Debugging Bridge:

adb shell logcat -c

4. Reproduce the problem.

5. Execute the following command with Android Debugging Bridge to generate the report:

adb shell logcat -d > dump.txt

The "dump.txt" file will be created on your machine where the "adb.exe" executable file is located.

Send the generated file to our TestComplete Support team with the description of the issue.

Thanks.

Subbulakshmi
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi Tanya,

dump.txt is of 0kb size. Please let me know is there anything I am missing. 
  • Hi Deepa,

Try and run the command without piping the output to a file. Let it dump to screen first to see that you are actually getting info from device.

I.e.

adb shell logcat -d

You should now see some output being dumped to the command prompt window (if you do it immediately after clearing [-c] the log... you may see no output). 

Once you're happy that you can see the output... you can then pipe the output to a file by following the procedure described above.

Hope this helps.
      crina
      Occasional Contributor

Hi,

How this problem has been solved i encounter the same problem with LG device phone

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

> the same problem with LG device phone

And with the same version of TestComplete and Android I guess?

And the procedure mentioned by Tanya produces empty log file as well and nothing is dumped to the console?

And you are working on the same operating system with the same bitness as the topic starter?

And don't have any other details that might help others to provide you with some ideas?

And finally, I think that it is only me who has no idea what LG phone you are using.

• I recommend you to try using the latest version of the tool - TestComplete 11.31. It could be an issue with new Nexus 5 firmware which was fixed in the mentioned version.