Forum Discussion

a4adil15
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Your iOS application is linked to a static version of the TestComplete Agent library

Hello everyone,

i'm getting this error (Your iOS application is linked to a static version of the TestComplete Agent library) while instrumentation of application in TC  v11.31.2420. during instrumenting it is not asking for previsions or pem files like

even though i followed all steps provided in support portal.

• Hi,

It looks like you are trying to instrument an iOS app in TestComplete, but it was already instrumented in Xcode.

Please keep in mind that there are two ways to instrument the iOS applications - in Xcode and in TestComplete. Here are the corresponding articles:

Instrumenting iOS Applications in TestComplete UI

Instrumenting iOS Applications in Xcode 6 - 7

You need to use only one of these approaches, but not both at the same time. Please note that we recommend that you instrument the application in TestComplete.

2 Replies

YuriPeshekhonov
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

It looks like you are trying to instrument an iOS app in TestComplete, but it was already instrumented in Xcode.

Please keep in mind that there are two ways to instrument the iOS applications - in Xcode and in TestComplete. Here are the corresponding articles:

Instrumenting iOS Applications in TestComplete UI

Instrumenting iOS Applications in Xcode 6 - 7

You need to use only one of these approaches, but not both at the same time. Please note that we recommend that you instrument the application in TestComplete.

a4adil15
      Occasional Contributor

Hi,

yes  you are right . I was trying to instrument an iOS app in TestComplete, but it was already instrumented in Xcode.

Thank you